Archived—h2 Early Adopters Program - An Investment Outline
Title of the proposed demonstration project
h2 Early Adopters Program
An Investment Outline
- Note to Reader
- Executive Summary
- Proposed Demonstration Project
- General Information on the Lead Recipient
- General Information on the other group members
- Degree of Innovation
- Financial Resources
- Need for h2EA program Investment
- Benefits to the Group and recipients
- Benefits to Canada
- Environmental and Sustainable Development Benefits
- Revenue Generation Potential from the Project
- Additional Information
Note to Reader
Please note that these are the minimal requirements needed for the h2EA program officials to assess your outline. Additional information may be requested by the program to properly assess your outline.
Prior to applying to the h2EA program, prospective applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with h2EA program's strategic objectives, eligibility criteria, information requirements and contribution process. This information is available on h2EA program's Web site atwww.istpcanada.ca.
This investment outline is intended to provide h2EA program officials with basic information about the project and the group in order to assess this project against other investment outlines submitted by other groups. If retained, the group will be invited to provide more information in an investment proposal.
In order to better understand and assess your proposed project, please follow this guide closely. The investment outline is limited to a strict maximum of 15 pages using Arial 12point font (not including financial statements and annexes of group members information). Any information in excess of 15 pages will not be considered. The h2EA program requires the lead recipient to submit a soft copy saved in Rich Text Format on a standard 3.5" floppy disk by regular mail or by email.
All information provided in this investment outline is subject to The Access to Information Act and the exemptions promulgated hereunder (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/A-1/index.html). All commercial confidential information must be annotated clearly and easily identifiable.
The h2EA program is administered in accordance with Canada's international agreements. The h2EA program contribution is not contingent upon actual or anticipated export performance.
The h2EA program is a discretionary program, subject to the discretion of the Minister.
1. Please provide an executive summary of the project.
Proposed Demonstration Project
2. Provide duration of the proposed project (in months) with total investment costs (in Canadian dollars), necessary to implement the proposed project and the investment amount requested from the h2EA program. Present a time schedule, outline major milestones and provide a high level Gantt chart;
3. Describe three major risks the project faces and the measures the group intends to undertake in order to mitigate these risks;
4. Identify the location(s) for the proposed project;
5. Describe how the proposed project is technologically feasible, and that the group possesses, or can reasonably be expected to secure, the requisite technological capabilities to achieve the stated objectives of the project. Provide a brief list of key technological and managerial personnel and a brief summary of their expertise for each recipient;
6. Briefly describe the competitive technologies available from academic or industry sources. Outline their limitations.
General Information on the Lead Recipient
7. Provide the legal name of the lead recipient, the mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, email and website addresses, and the principal contact (name and position);
8. State jurisdiction of incorporation, date of incorporation (Canada, Province, etc.), profit or not-for-profit status and fiscal year end;
9. Outline the lead recipient's principal line(s) of business and its role in the project;
10. Describe the lead recipient's current and planned involvement in the Canadian economy;
11. State whether the applicant is a private or public entity, and if the latter, please indicate its trading symbol and list major shareholders (more than 10 per cent) and their beneficial owners;
12. List and provide locations of all lead recipient's subsidiaries and include organizational chart and the total number of employees;
13. If the lead recipient is a subsidiary, identify the parent entity and its location;
14. If the lead recipient has received or intends to receive any other federal, provincial and municipal assistance or tax credits for this project or any other projects, please list the amount(s) received or to be received and identify the relevant program(s);
15. State the preferred language of communication;
16. If a lobbyist, who is registered pursuant to The Lobbyists Registration Act, R.S. 1985 c.44 (4th Supplement), presents this investment outline, please indicate his or her name, contact information, and registration number. Further information is available at http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/fednor-fednor.nsf/en/fn02837e.html;
17. If the lead recipient, its directors or officers are a party to legal proceedings that may adversely affect the business, please provide details.
General Information on the other group members
* For EACH group member (eligible recipient), please provide the following information (one page per member as annexes):
18. Provide the legal name of the eligible recipient, the mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, email and website addresses, and the principal contact (name and position);
19. State jurisdiction of incorporation of the eligible recipient, date of incorporation (Canada, Province, etc.), profit or not-for-profit status and fiscal year end;
20. Outline the eligible recipient's principal line(s) of business and its role in the project;
21. Describe the eligible recipient current and planned involvement in the Canadian economy;
22. State whether the eligible recipient is a private or public entity, and if so, please indicate its trading symbol and list major shareholders (more than 10 per cent) and their beneficial owners;
23. List and provide location of all eligible recipients' subsidiaries and include organizational chart and the total number of employees;
24. If the eligible recipient is a subsidiary, identify the parent entity and its location;
25. If the eligible recipient has received or intends to receive any other federal, provincial and municipal assistance or tax credits for this project or any other projects, please list the amount(s) (to be) received and identify the relevant program(s);
26. If the eligible recipient, its directors or officers are a party to legal proceedings that may adversely affect the business, please provide details.
Degree of Innovation
27. Define the extent of innovation and explain what this project will achieve in terms of advancing the science and what the group will "learn by doing";
28. Describe how the proposed project contributes to the strategic objectives of the government, providing technological and broad environmental, social and economic benefits to Canada;
29. Describe how the proposed project contributes to the strategic objectives of the h2EA program, including the establishment of a hydrogen industry, the development of a cluster of ancillary, supplier, and support service industries around an existing hydrogen technology base;
30. Describe how the proposed project represents a comprehensive working complex (i.e., from production to distribution/storage to end-use) of a hydrogen economy;
31. Describe how the proposed project will increase market awareness, and public education;
32. Confirm that all recipients have access to the background IP necessary to perform their portion of the project;
33. Describe regulatory, legal, Codes and Standards issues as well as safety measures that are necessary to adopt or modify in order to complete the proposed project.
34. State the total project costs on an annual basis; describe the costs (labor, direct materials, subcontractors and consultants, equipment, overhead, insurance and communication plan) expected to be incurred in the proposed project; indicate the investment requested from the h2EA program;
35. List the sources of financing that will be required from each recipient to meet their share of the funding required;
36. State whether and how much of the funds from other sources have been secured as of the date of this investment outline;
37. If available, for the lead recipient, please attach financial statements for the most recent three fiscal years. If the lead recipient is a subsidiary, please provide the parent company's statements as well. For all other recipients, please provide the most recent financial statements.
Need for h2EA program Investment
38. Describe how a contribution under the h2EA program is necessary to ensure that the project proceeds with the desired scope, timing or location. Describe what will happen to the proposed project if the group does not receive any contribution under the h2EA program.
Benefits to the Group and recipients
39. Please describe the benefits the group and each individual recipient will experience. Such benefits may include sustaining a business, expansion of a technology platform, attract and retain qualified staff, successfully integrate a variety of technologies, etc.
Benefits to Canada
40. Anticipating that this project is successful, please describe the benefits Canada will experience. Such benefits may include accelerating market acceptance of hydrogen technologies and hydrogen-compatible technologies, attracting and retaining world-class talent, attracting domestic and foreign investment in Canada and contributing to the objectives of Canada's Climate Change agenda.
Environmental and Sustainable Development Benefits
41. Identify the ultimate environmental benefits and sustainable development opportunities that could result from the proposed project. Please quantify your argument.
Revenue Generation Potential from the Project
42. Identify the revenue generating potential during the life of this project.
43. Please provide additional information that, in your judgment, may assist h2EA program officials in evaluating this investment outline.
44. We, the undersigned, hereby declare that, to the best of our knowledge, understanding, and belief, all information provided in this investment outline is truthful and correct. We further understand that the h2EA program is a discretionary program and that a submission of this investment outline does not require further consideration in this regard by the program.
- Date modified: